Forget plastic straws! Did you know that people use billions of plastic straws in the UK yearly? Here’s how you can help- replace it with a steel straw. With everyone switching to a reusable straw, we can massively reduce the number of plastic straws ending up in the ocean.
What is a steel straw?
Steel straws are metal tubes that can be reused, washed and reused over again.
What’s wrong with plastic straws?
Did you know that plastic straws rank 11th on the most commonly found plastic under the sea? Marine life can mistake floating plastic for food, often resulting in death. It is said that by 2050, there will be more plastic in the ocean than fish! Imagine how dangerous all this is as plastic waste increases.
It’s not too late for us to change that. Steel straws are a small step but a necessary one in the fight against plastic.
The steel straw is made in Fujian, China, under good working conditions. The material is 18/8 steel and it is food grade material. It does contain nickel at between 8 – 10.5%.
Our supplier sends the straws by sea to reduce carbon emissions. They’re packed without bubble wrap, using tissue paper instead. We deliver steel straws in zero waste packaging.
4 reasons to love our steel straw:
- Did you know that using a straw can protect your teeth? In fact, dentists recommend it. If you love drinking juice or sodas, using straws may prevent your teeth from staining.
- We guarantee you that our straw does not have a metallic aftertaste. It functions just like a normal straw– but it’s more stylish and Earth-friendly.
- Since we already mentioned that it’s stylish, therefore it’s perfect for celebrations and parties. So take a sip of that cocktail knowing that you’re promoting a plastic-free lifestyle!
- Available in a range of colours: stainless, gold, rose gold, neon, black and blue.
- Our steel straw has nickel material. Nickel is corrosion-resistant, thus it makes the straw longer lasting. However, take extra precaution if you’re allergic to nickel.
- Don’t worry if you are allergic though, you can still enjoy a plastic-free drink. You could still use a bamboo straw, another eco-friendly alternative.
Plastic straw ban
Before the plastic straw ban in April 2020, England was using 4.7 billion plastic straws each year! There are so many alternatives available now it is just not necessary, except for disabled people.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.